TFAP extends Call for Papers deadline
The Technology for Future and Ageing Pipelines (TFAP) Conference has extended its Call for Paper deadline to 31 October.
TFAP, formerly known as Rudi’s Pipeline Technology Conference, will take place on 10-12 April 2018 at Gent, Belgium.
Co-organised by Tiratsoo Technical, UK, and the Lab. Soete of Universiteit Gent, Belgium, the conference is aimed at sharing knowledge and featuring the latest achievements relative to the assessment, use and maintenance of ageing high-pressure (cross-country/offshore) transmission and ageing low-pressure distribution gas and oil pipeline systems.
The organisers have invited abstract submissions on topics, including:
- coating properties, cathodic protection, corrosion
- code developments: vintage vs new codes
- crack-arrest capabilities
- data management
- ductile failure and crack arrest
- ECA and validation testing
- fatigue testing
- girth welds: inspection and assessment
- inline inspection and defect-sizing accuracy
- material properties and test requirements
- pipeline design and construction
- pipe materials
- pipeline welding
- risk management
- routeing issues, third-party damage
- sour service
- strain-based design
- toughness and residual stresses
Click here to submit an abstract.
For more information on abstract submission, contact John Tiratsoo at firstname.lastname@example.org
TFAP will also include a parallel theme exploring the latest technology for materials and welding for new pipelines to ensure they are designed for a maximum effective operational lifetime.
Three pipeline-industry training courses on the following topics will precede the conference on 9-10 April 2018:
- Defect assessment in pipelines, presented by Dr Phil Hopkins,
- Advanced pipeline risk assessment, presented by Kent Muhlbauer
- Pipeline repair methods and in-service welding, presented by Bill Bruce
Conference registrations will open 1 November 2017.
For more information visit the TFAP website.
If you have an event you would like featured in Pipelines International contact Managing Editor Nick Lovering at email@example.com